Packing, Shipping, Insurance and Return Policy Effective 4-28-15
All art purchase orders accepted by Girrard.com will be packaged and shipped by a third party fulfillment house. The packer/shipper will verify the condition of the art and insure that it is properly packaged for safe shipment.
Damage claims must be reported to the packing and shipping facility (their name and contact information will be included with your shipment) and Girrard.com within 24 hours of discovery and in no event more than 48 hours after delivery.
All orders must be paid in full, including shipping and insurance, prior to shipment.
After receipt of full payment Girrard.com will send an order confirmation e-mail with an estimated shipping date.
Generally, items ordered on Girrard.com are shipped by FedEx or UPS. Original art may be shipped by a qualified alternate carrier.
All sales of art by Girrard.com are final upon receipt of payment in full. There are no exceptions to this policy. See below for Damaged Shipment Policies and Procedures.
Damaged Shipment Policies and Procedures
Each item of art Girrard.com ships is carefully inspected and packaged by packing professionals. Nevertheless, damage may occur during shipping. In the unlikely event this occurs with your shipment follow these procedures:
- If you notice significant damage to the outer packaging material while the carrier’s delivery person is still present, point the packing material damage out and ask the delivery person toacknowledge the damage in writing, date and sign it for your records.
- If possible, photograph the damaged packaging before opening the package.
- Carefully open the package, saving all packing materials. (If the delivery person has the time, open the package in their presence).
- Carefully inspect the purchased art. If the item is damaged do the following:
- Do not discard the packaging materials. Save them until further advised by the packaging facility or Girrard.com.
- Call the packing and shipping facility immediately and report the damage. (Note the name of the person you speak with, the telephone number, and the date and time of the conversation.) Follow the packing and shipping facilities instructions as to any further steps you need to take.
- Inform Girrard.com by email of the damage and provide the name and telephone number of the person you spoke to at the packing and shipping facility.
- Keep the damaged art in a safe place until you are instructed by the packing and shipping facility or Girrard.com as to its disposition.
- Upon receipt of your e-mail report of damage your claim will be processed.
- Damage claims must be reported to the packing and shipping facility (their name and contact information will be included with your shipment) within 24 hours of discovery of the damage and in no event more than 48 hours after delivery.
- For all valid claims, if you follow the above procedures, including any instructions by the packing and shipping facility, a replacement print from the same edition will be shipped to you at no additional cost. If no replacement item is available you will receive a full refund of the purchase price, including packing, shipping and insurance charges.
Most items offered for sale on Girrard.com are truly limited, or one of a kind items. We adhere to our return policy and time is of the essence in regard to all time periods stated herein unless we specifically agree otherwise with you in writing. By placing an order with Girrard.com you signify that you have read, understand, consent and agree to the terms and policies set forth above.