Packing, Shipping, Insurance and Return Policy Effective 12-03-08
When an order is accepted by girrard.com an order confirmation e-mail will be sent;
Items sold on girrard.com typically ship 3 to 5 business days after receipt of payment. When payment is by check, shipment is typically 3 to 5 business days after clearance of the check;
Generally, items ordered on girrard.com will be shipped via UPS, insured for the full purchase price. Original art valued in excess of $25,000 will be shipped and insured by an alternate means, to be determined on an individual basis;
A UPS Tracking Number will be e-mailed to the purchaser for all UPS shipments;
When you receive and open your shipment, please save all packing materials until you are sure that the contents have arrived undamaged;
All sales are final upon receipt of payment and shipment to the designated “ship to” address and there are no exceptions to this policy. See below for Damaged Shipment Procedures.
Damaged Shipment Procedures
Each item shipped by girrard.com is carefully packaged, giving it the best opportunity to arrive undamaged. Nevertheless, damage does occasionally occur during shipping. Should this be the case with your shipment follow these procedures:
1. If you notice damage to the outer packaging material while the carrier’s delivery person is still present, point the packing material damage out and ask the delivery person to make a note of the damage, in your presence, on his paperwork;
2. When possible, photograph the damaged packaging before opening the package;
3. Carefully open the package, saving all packing materials (If the delivery person has the time, open the package in their presence);
4. Carefully inspect the purchased item. If the item is damaged do the following:
A. Do not throw any of the packing materials away. Save them for inspection;
B. Call the carrier immediately and report the damage. Note the name and telephone number of the person you speak to. Obtain a claim number when possible;
C. E-mail girrard.com immediately and report the damage. Provide the name and telephone number of the person you spoke to at the shipper and provide any claim number you may have obtained;
D. Keep the damaged item in a safe place until you are instructed by girrard.com or the carrier as to its disposition.
5. Upon receiving your e-mail report of damage girrard.com will follow up with the carrier and with you to determine the best way to proceed with the damage claim and with your order;
6. Damage claims must be reported to the carrier and to girrard.com within 24 hours of discovery;
7. If you have followed these procedures a print from the same edition will be shipped to you at no further charge by girrard.com. If no replacement item is available you will receive a full refund of your purchase price, including packing, shipping and insurance charges.
Most items offered for sale on girrard.com are truly limited, or one of kind items. We carefully adhere to this return policy and time is of the essence with regard to all time periods stated herein unless we have specifically agreed with you otherwise and in writing. By placing an order with girrard.com you are signifying your understanding, consent and agreement to the policies set forth herein.